Sunday, September 14, 2014

Assessment

In the ADDIE model, the second phase is the design phase. I am designing a class for 5th graders that consists of 6 weeks and they will learn about  geometrical shapes and how to find the perimeter and area of each one. This is more work than I thought. I know I need to get ready because I will have to do this very soon. I have began working on which assessments I will use in the class and I think I have some great ones to use. I hope that by the end of constructing everything that needs to be in our Course Outline Assignment I will have everything covered that needs to be covered.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the design phase is directly linked to the analyze phase. Look at what you determined you wanted to do and then add verbs such as "identify" since they'll need to do that for the different shapes, and "compare" since they'll need to be able to tell how and why each shape is different. This will help when you start asking them to determine the perimeter since its fairly easy to determine the perimeter if the shape is square but becomes a little more difficult they it contains several different shapes linked together to make of the entire perimeter. Those verbs you use in the design phase will become your objectives. You clearly know what you want them to learn and have a plan in mind, I'll bet if you add a single action word, you'll figure out what the objective is and that objective is what you'll assess. Since I'm much better at math than I am in the language arts area, I like your plan. During my internship I had to teach a bunch of 5th graders the concept of perimeter.

    ReplyDelete